Work with us
Join the team that serves Visa Wellington On a Plate and Beervana!
Business Development Manager (full time)
The Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET), the organisation that brings your Visa Wellington On a Plate (Visa WOAP) and Beervana, are after an experienced Business Development Manager to help us build new business and acquire, maintain and manage our wide variety of sponsorships. In a nutshell, you will be responsible for our Commercial Strategy.
The role of the Business Development Manager is to manage all the sponsor and partner relationships of the WCET and assets. That is the acquisition, maintenance and retention of sponsors for Visa WOAP and Beervana and other events (as required). You will have experience in sales, growing business and sourcing and maintaining high performing partnerships to get the most out of the relationship - for all parties. You’ll also ensure that all agreed sponsor benefits are being delivered to and by sponsors to the WCET and assets. This will include management of sponsorship administration and negotiations (with support of Chief Executive and other team members as required).
You won't be scared to get your hands dirty (i.e. carry boxes) and you will work with the WCET to continue to make Wellington, New Zealand's Culinary Capital.
If this sounds like you, contact us. We're keen to speak to you if fit the above AND have:
- At least five years' experience and a proven track record of success and achievement in a management position.
- Experience in a commercial business environment would be preferred.
- Proven ability to create and maintain a close-knit relationship with sponsors and partners that result in benefits to your organisation.
- Demonstrated sponsorship acquisition and management experience.
- Self-starter who is positive, energetic and prepared to that extra bit to get the job done.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be highly regarded.
The WCET is committed to providing a positive work/life balance with a strong focus on team wellbeing. The WCET is a Four-Day Working Week employer (Monday-Thursday). The preferred location for this role is Wellington and is office-based.
You can download the full job description here.
Applications close at 12 noon on Friday 16 September. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring your relevant business development experience and successes are clearly highlighted in your covering letter.
Doesn't sound like you? If you still want to join the team behind iconic food tourism events Visa Wellington On a Plate, Beervana and Highball, keep an eye on this page as we advertise all vacancies here.