Seven Dine Wellington dishes that are proudly plant-based
May 18, 2023
If you like your protein plant-based these Dine Wellington Festival dishes are for you! Whether you’re looking for a main meal or sweet after-dinner treat, there is something to suit all tastes.
- The Botanist is all about the vege, so it makes sense to stop in to try this fusion of East and West that acknowledges the slow food movement. Stop, Mapo and Roll features Sichuan Mapo tofu, black bean and Plan*t mince spring roll, enoki mushroom with fennel and apple slaw and Six Barrel Soda feijoa sesame dipping sauce.
- Graze Wine Bar has literally embraced this year’s festival theme ‘Breaking the Mould’ with their own Moldites dish that cleverly pays homage to mould and crudites. Koji inoculated coffee roasted Little Farms carrots and beetroot with a sourdough miso dipping sauce.
- The Aborist’s Moroccan Me Crazy is a vegetarian take on Moroccan Pie with maximum flavour and minimal meat. Enjoy their sweet potato and Moroccan lentil open top pie with Drunken Nanny smoked goats cheese, minted pea puree, creamy artichoke yoghurt, spiced baby carrots, Prana Microgreens, Noble Estate herb infused oil, dukkah and black salt.
- The Jaya’s Wine Bar presents a A twist on Ukadiche Modak, which means a "small part of bliss" with their own Chocolate Modak. Handmade rice dough filled with grated coconut, milk, white chocolate chips and Wellington Chocolate Factory Coconut Milk Chocolate and flavoured with cardamom, nutmeg, and rose water. Served topped with saffron and ghee. Bliss indeed.
- Nolita’s Monte Blanc gastronomically presents just one part of Italy’s unification, with their set menu representing all the colours of the Italian flag. Their festival dish features Mānuka smoked celeriac steak with vegan parmesan crusted cassava gnocchi 'clouds', vegan anchovy butter, roasted artichoke cream and 26 Seasons garlic flowers.
- The team at Bin44 reckon their Dine Wellington dish could convert anyone to embrace more plant-based dining. This Is Just the Vegan-ning includes Plant based coconut and mango crème brûlée with Carello del Gelato Tropicoal sorbetto, poached pear, Whittaker's Dark Ghana chocolate, chilli and coconut brittle.
- Absolutely Avo-licious at Zelati is like Avocado toast like you’ve never had before! Enjoy Zelati’s housemade real avocado gelato encased in a 72% dark chocolate ‘avocado skin’. As you bite into the gelato, you'll discover a surprise - a peanut butter sorbet 'avocado pip' nestled in the center..!
For the full list of dine options, head on over to our website. Plus, we need your help to find our festival finalists for Dine and Cocktail Wellington. Remember for every Dine Wellington dish you rate you will go into the draw for a foodies dream trip to Singapore! For full details click here.