6 of Wellington’s Food Trucks worth checking out
November 23, 2022
Over the years Wellington food trucks have evolved from the traditional fried fare (which could be described as ‘beige’) to all kinds of gourmet delights. Dare we say you can get some of the region’s best eats on the street if you know where to look? Here are a few of our favourites:
- Wilson BBQ’s SMASHED burger pop-up has been a runaway success, conveniently located on College Street across from Moore Wilson,
- Gorilla Burger’s Leed Street location (right next to Fortune Favours brew pub) gives you all the food truck vibes with tasty beverages literally next door.
- EKIM burger started off at the airport end of Lyall Bay back in 2011 and has ended up landing at the top end of Cuba Street.
- Over the summer season keep an eye out for the Zelati gelato and sorbet truck. Check their socials on where it will pop up next for a sweet summertime treat!
- Smokey Joe’s specialises in American BBQ, and while they don’t have a permanent home on Wellington’s streets they do pop up at events...
- If you happen to be in Martinborough, make sure to stop by the Good Times food truck. As its name suggest, the 1971 Bedford Food Truck serves delicious food to locals and curious eaters for a really good time.
Other great Wellington Food Trucks trucks that allow you to traverse the cuisines of the world are Donnie Taco in the Hannah’s Lane precinct for a Mexican fix, Fritz’s Weiners at Post Office Square for some good ol' German Sausage, Garuda food truck serving Indonesian fare at the waterfront markets and Kickflip Pizza for a taste of Italy. We also have The Greek Food Truck (self explanatory), Restaurant 88 for Vietnamese and The Chook Wagon French Rotisserie outside Moore Wilson.