A Foodies Christmas guide
December 9, 2021
Last-minute Christmas shopping can be hectic! We're here to help with a selection of tasty treats in our Foodie Christmas guide, featuring locally made products for your friends and whānau. Here's a little something for all tastebuds.
- Esther’s: healthy creative food and joyful eating. Live-cultured pickles, savoury snacks, jams and tasty seasonal condiments
- Pickle and Pie: in-house pickles produce and other delicious condiments (check out their smoked salt for those summer BBQ's). They also offer special Christmas gift boxes.
- Rocket Fuel: straight outta Petone comes hot sauce for inspiring breakfasts, BBQs, brunches and bar snacks. Pretty delicious on a burger or bratwurst
- Apostle: a unique range of small-batch hot sauces handmade in Paekākāriki, also available in a lovely packaged Holiday Gift Box
- Mamia’s sauce: versatile and simple sauce to packed with delicious Ethiopian flavours, with the added bonus of being vegan and gluten-free.
- Six Barrel Soda: syrups designed to be mixed with soda or sparkling water, to make fancy sodas, no and low cocktails and mocktails
- Wine from the Wairarapa: we're sure local tastes better! Our friends over the Wairarapa have a wide range of wines that will make your summer memorable. Check out the Wairarapa Wine map
- Wooden Spoon Boutique Freezery and Zelati: gelato and sorbet made in Wellington and delivered delivered straight to your door. So convienient!
- Plimmerton Kombucha and KB Kombucha: for those hot summer Wellington days (we're sure they're coming)
- Dirty Water from Garage Project are seltzers made from real fruit with light flavours and clean taste. Bound to be a crowd fav this summer.
- What to say .. chocolate is universally appreciated and when combined with the creativity of our local producers, it's guaranteed to make any gift receiver smile. Visit the Wellington Chocolate Factory at their pop-up store on Lambton Quay or Baron Hasselhoff's shop to be treated to the most wonderful chocolately smells and tastes. One for you, one for me ..
- Fix & Fogg: arguably the best peanut butter on the planet and with flavours like Choc Berry Everything Butter, Chocolate Almond Butter you really can have chocolate for breakfast!
- Bee Fresh, Grafter’s Honey and Greytown Honey: premium manuka honey made right here thanks to millions of hard working busy bees.
Something from overseas:
Transport your taste buds thanks to these local importers.
- Travel to France with Le Marché Français
- On Trays: imported products from all around the world and delicious locally made South African Biltong
- Travel to Italy with La Bella Italia
- Haere Mai for flavours from Asia
If you’re undecided, pack it all together and get your hands on one of those gift boxes filled with locally made products
Something for later:
- Dining vouchers: food brings us together, and what better way to capture the Christmas spirit than to gift a special dining experience? Most restaurants across the Wellington region offer restaurant vouchers, which is also a great way to support local hospo during these challenging times
- Beervana or Highball vouchers: when the Visa Welly On a Plate team is not serving up NZ's biggest food festival, we’re busy on our other events: Highball, NZ’s only Spirits & Cocktail Festival, or NZ’s biggest celebration of Good Beer: Beervana. Check out our online Christmas shop where you can get your hands on Beervana or Highball vouchers and guarantee someone an amazing time in 2022.
We hope this guide helps you with your Christmas shopping. Meri Kirihimete!