Visa WOAP is turning 10 years old and we’re having a party to celebrate! The celebratory nature of food is universal. Every culture, religion, season, harvest, holiday, big occasions and life moments – they all bring people together over food. The greatest sign of friendship and connection – and the great leveller – is the sharing of a meal. Be inspired by Visa WOAP’s 10-year anniversary – think broadly and creatively on what a party, milestone or celebration means to you, your eatery or culture through your Festival Dishes, menus, events, burgers and cocktails.
Some thought starters:
- Birthdays at different ages
- Dinner party: potluck, banquets
- Occasion: engagement, wedding, Christmas, New Year, baby shower, house warming, graduation, farewell, Easter, summer BBQs
- Milestones: an anniversary, historical moment in time, looking backwards or forwards
- Type: masquerade, ball, rave, concert, block, costume, garden, cocktail, tea
- Cultural: fiesta, Mardi Gras, Diwali, Thanksgiving, Matariki
- Mood: celebrating, and celebrating with the best things and people in life, unifying, bringing joy and fun, treating people, warm hosting.
PLEASE NOTE: You don’t need to host a literal party! Be inspired by what celebrations mean to you.
The role of the annual theme
- Act as inspiration for Dine Wellington menu creations
- Provide guidance to the marketing team in developing the marketing campaign for the festival
- Be used as a selection criterion for festival participants
- Be used as a Dine Wellington Festival Dish criteria
- Can also act as inspiration for any Festival application, whether Events, Burger or Cocktail.