Visa Wellington On a Plate | 10-26 August 2018 | Various venues
Eat, drink and be Welly with us in this epic winter-warming two-week celebration of all things food and beverage.
Wellington’s annual food festival is celebrating 10 years of serving up a storm of burgers, cocktails, unique set menus, events and pop ups. Join the “party” – the theme for this year’s event – as chefs, bars and eateries dazzle your tastebuds with interpretation of parties, milestones or celebrations.
Craft your visit by choosing from over 100 events, with everything from hands-on masterclasses to free food-themed 'grammable' exhibitions, drool-worthy international chef collaborations to multi-course degustations and everything in between.
- Be quick! Ticketed events sell like hotcakes.
- Visa Pre-Sale: 12pm, 18 June - midnight, 19 June
- General Sale: 12pm, 21 June
- Pop ups (no tickets required, pay on consumption) are on throughout the Festival - show up and have a good time!
Discover why Wellington is called the culinary capital as chefs go next level with exclusive special menus from hundreds of participating restaurants, cafes, bars and food trucks. Book your table to avoid disappointment!
- Dine menus and festival dishes. Enjoy limited time set menus as grills and bistros go head to head with cafes and fine dining to offer the best Festival Dish main course, with the option to pair with a glass of wine, beer or perhaps a locally-inspired lighter beverage.
- Burgers. With so many burgers to choose from (and many matched to Garage Project beers), it’s an impossible challenge to get through them all.
- Cocktails. Start or finish off a night out with a special cocktail and matching tapas offer from our talented restaurants and bars.