Visa Wellington On a Plate | 5-21 May & 11-27 August 2023 | Various venues across the Greater Wellington Region
2023 is the year we break the festival in two!
Our festival theme for 2023 is breaking the mould, and we’re embracing the change by serving up two tasty bites of Visa Wellington On a Plate!
This coming May we encourage you to Eat Curious with hundreds of Events, Festival dishes and cool cocktails that serve up the most delicious fun you can have in the capital.
August sees the return of Garage Project presents Burger Wellington, where everyone from humble convenience stores to high-end hotels vie for the coveted title. With more than 200 burgers on offer it’s nearly impossible to tell who will take out top honours…
Craft your visit by choosing from hundreds of events, with everything from hands-on masterclasses to multi-course degustations and everything in between.
- Ticketed events sell like hotcakes so be ready to get in quick! Visa pre-sale runs from 13-15 March 2023, followed by general release.
- Pop ups (no tickets required, free entry and pay on consumption) are on throughout the Festival - try themed menus, creative delicacies or unique restaurant experiences. Just show up and have a good time!
Dine Cocktail and Garage Project presents Burger Wellington
Discover why Wellington is called the culinary capital as chefs go next level with exclusive special menus from hundreds of participating restaurants, cafes, bars and food trucks. Book your table to avoid disappointment!
- Dine Wellington from 5-21 May
Because food tastes better when you know the story behind it. Savour the stories of our Food capital that inspired the Dine Wellington Festival Dishes - showcasing the best ingredients and cheffing talent Wellington has to offer.
- Cocktails Wellington from 5-21 May
Start or finish off a night out with a special cocktail and matching tapas offer from our talented restaurants and bars.
- Garage Project presents Burger Wellington from 11-27 August
With so many burgers to choose from (and many matched to Garage Project beers), it’s an impossible challenge to get through them all.
Please note: dining discount cards and vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any Visa Wellington On a Plate menus or offers.