The 2018 Application Fees for all types of participation of Visa WOAP will remain the same as 2017. There are two stages of fees - the deposit required at time of applications and the final participation fees.
2018 Application Fee Payments
A deposit payment is required to be paid for all applications. This deposit can be paid via credit card or direct debit at the time of your application. As you will know, the WCET is a not-for-profit organisation. In order to promote the festival, keep the website current and create and distribute the Programme Guide, there are a number of costs that we need to cover early on in the year and your deposit helps this.
Your deposit is deducted from your final fee.
The deposit fees for Visa WOAP 2018 are:
- Festival Events - $250 +GST
- Dine Wellington - $250 +GST
- Burger Wellington - $250 +GST
- Dine + Burger - $250 + GST (the cost of doing Dine and Burger is the same as JUST doing Burger)
- Burger Wellington for Food Trucks - one off fee at time of application of $399 + GST
- Cocktail Wellington only - one off fee at time of application of $250 + GST
If an application is made by the same organisation/individual to operate 3 x Festival Events (for example), the deposit fee will be $750 +GST.
If your application is not accepted this will be refunded to you in full in early March 2018. If your application is successful the deposit amount will be deducted from your final Application Fee total or Festival Event commission.
Applications will not be considered unless the Application Fee deposit payment is received by midnight on Tuesday 06 March 2018.
All final application fees must be received no later than Monday 30 April 2018.
Standard Festival Event Participation Fees
Standard Festival Events are Festival Events that utilise the Visa WOAP online ticketing system as they require pre-purchased tickets to attend the Festival Event. Ticketek is the Visa WOAP ticketing partner. A commission rate and Ticket Issuance Fee is levied on all tickets. This commission and ticket issuance fee will be deducted from the total ticket price. All other fees will be paid direct by the ticket purchaser, on top of the ticket price:
Commission per ticket: 7.0%
|Ticket price||Ticket Issuance Fee|
|Any price||$3.00 (Box Office, Agency, Call Centre, Internet, EzyTicket™) - to be included in the ticket price|
|Payment Method||Payment Fee|
|C/C (Visa, MC, AMEX)||2.55%|
|Delivery Method||Delivery Fee|
|EzyTicket/Mobile Ticket||No Charge|
|$2.00 per transaction|
|Courier||$4.50 per transaction|
|Rural delivery||$7.00 per transaction|
All Festival Events that have capacity for over 40 ticket sales must provide Visa WOAP with two tickets for publicity and promotional purposes (e.g. media hosting, social media coverage, and giveaways), free-of-charge as part of your application fee.
Non-Standard Festival Event Participation Fees
Non-Standard Festival Events are Festival Events that, generally, do not utilise the Visa WOAP online ticketing system. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as ticketed Charity Events. More often than not, Non-Standard Festival Events have ‘free entry’ or are ‘walk up’, but do have a commercial element, such as a Pop Up restaurant or cart or market day. The 2018 Free Festival Event Pricing Policy is as follows:
Free Events are Festival Events such as lectures, exhibitions, or food and/or beverage tastings that have no commercial element AT ALL. No tickets are required to attend and there are no commercial merchandise sales.
Participation Fee: $100 +GST
A Festival Event is deemed as a Charity Event when at least 25% of the revenue earned from the Festival Event is being donated to a nominated charity. To qualify for Charity Event status, the Festival Event must provide a ‘Statement of Donation’.
Ticketed Charity Festival Events: Upon receipt of the ‘Statement of Donation’, a reduced commission fee of 4.0% will be charged (instead of the standard 7.0%).
Non-Ticketed Charity Festival Events: Price on Application - the participation fee will be determined by consideration of anticipated (realistic) attendee numbers.
Ticket purchasers will still pay relevant Ticket Issuance Fee ($3.00 per ticket, Credit Card Fee and Delivery Method (if applicable).
Pop Ups range from full-scale restaurants to ice cream carts and do not require customers to pre-book. Pop Ups vary significantly in nature and the Application Fees will be dependent on the size and scale of the Pop Up venture.
|Small-Scale Events||Less than 100 attendees||$150+GST|
|Medium-Scale Events||101-500 attendees||$300+GST|
|Large-Scale Events||501+ attendees||$500+GST|
All Pop Ups that have capacity for over 40 attendees must provide Visa WOAP with a $100 meal voucher for publicity and promotional purposes (e.g. media hosting, social media coverage, and giveaways), free-of-charge as part of your application fee.
Market Days are free for consumers to attend but have stallholders from which customers buy produce, etc.
Participation Fee: Price on Application – the participation fee will be determined by consideration of anticipated (realistic) attendee numbers.
Large-Scale Festival Events
Large-Scale Festival Events are events with over 1,000 ticket purchasers. Please contact the Festival Director to talk about your participation fees.
Dine Wellington menu reservations are made directly by consumers with participating Dine Wellington restaurants. The cost to participate in the Dine Wellington programme is determined as follows:
- The formula applied to determine each restaurant’s Dine Wellington participation fee is based on restaurant capacity and how many of the 17 days of the Festival period (10-26 August) the restaurant will be open.
- The Dine Wellington participation fee formula is based on a multiplier of 65 cents +GST per seat, per day. For example:
- 40 seats x 17 days x 65 cents = $442.00 +GST
- 90 seats x 17 days x 65 cents = $994.50 +GST
- 30 seats x 13 days x 65 cents = $253.50 +GST
- Please Note: There is a cap of $1,250 +GST per restaurant.
- Participants are required to accept Visa WOAP voucher(s) equal to the maximum value of $100, created by Visa WOAP for your establishment. The voucher(s) are to be used as a general gift voucher (on food or beverages, valid up until 01 August 2019) OR on Cocktail Wellington OR Burger Wellington (to be used for pre-Festival previews or during Festival only). These vouchers will be used by the Visa WOAP marketing team for publicity purposes (e.g. media hosting, social media coverage, and giveaways). All vouchers are embossed with the Visa WOAP logo and numbered with a custom number that we will advise you of.
Garage Project presents Burger Wellington
As a change for 2018, any restaurant may enter Garage Project presents Burger Wellington, regardless of whether they enter Dine Wellington or not. We repeat, you are NO LONGER required to create a Dine Wellington entry if you only wish to enter Burger Wellington. Food trucks are also eligible to enter Burger Wellington.
As in previous years, the formula used to calculate your Burger Wellington entry is the same as Dine Wellington with the addition of $250 + GST.
Food Trucks: $399 +GST, no balance to pay.
Cocktail Wellington provides Wellington’s cocktail bars (and restaurants with bars) with a platform in which to participate in Visa WOAP. This opportunity is also open to participating Dine Wellington restaurants. Any establishment offering cocktails on their menu may enter as follows:
- If your primary trade is as a ‘restaurant/café/eating establishment’, you will only be eligible to enter Cocktail Wellington if you are participating in Dine Wellington
- If your primary trade is as a ‘cocktail bar/bar’ (i.e. you do not serve full meals), you may enter Cocktail Wellington without offering a Dine Wellington menu
- ALL participating Cocktail Wellington establishments must include a regionally-inspired tapas with your cocktail
Dine Wellington participants: $250 +GST.
Bars & Cocktail Bars: $250 +GST.
In addition, all participants are required to accept Visa WOAP voucher(s) equal to the maximum value of $100, created by Visa WOAP for your establishment. The voucher(s) are to be used as a general gift voucher (on food or beverages, valid up until 01 August 2019) OR on Cocktail Wellington (to be used for pre-Festival previews or during Festival only). These vouchers will be used by the Visa WOAP marketing team for publicity purposes (e.g. media hosting, social media coverage, and giveaways). All vouchers are embossed with the Visa WOAP logo and numbered with a custom number that we will advise you of.