Visa Wellington On a Plate (Visa WOAP) is cooked up for you by the Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET). The WCET works with WellingtonNZ
(Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency) and Avenues Event Management to deliver the Festival and are also responsible for bringing you Beervana and Highball.
Office Support Coordinator
Marketing & Communications
Head of Marketing and Communications
For media enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications & PR Manager
Programming & Events
Programme & Events Coordinator
Visa Wellington On a Plate is dedicated to prudent governance and management. The festival is governed under the guidance of the WCET.
The Trust Board comprises: Grant Maxwell (Chair), Mike Egan, Sarah Wickens, Terry Shubkin, James Bennie, David Perks (WREDA Observer), Paul Sinclair, Sarah Meikle and Jamie Tuuta.
The Advisory Committee provides the festival team with Dine Wellington and Festival Event selection advice and to act as a "sounding board" for future festival developments and improvements. Meetings are coordinated based on the specific requirements of the festival.
Work with us!
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
We are on the hunt for an effective, culinary-inspired Social Media and Marketing Coordinator to join our busy and experienced team to deliver unique culinary experiences that connect consumers with industry, producers and suppliers.
The Wellington Culinary Events Trust (WCET), the organisation that brings you iconic culinary events Visa Wellington On a Plate (Visa WOAP), Beervana and Highball, are after Social Media and Marketing Coordinator who can help us deliver on our mission to make Wellington the Culinary Capital of New Zealand.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, you’ll be responsible for delivering to marketing and communications strategy and plans, as well as managing our social media channels.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Trust as we fast approach festival season and embark on new projects that will help tell the Wellington food story.
You will not be scared to get your hands dirty (i.e. carry boxes on occasion), be positive, energetic and prepared to go above and beyond.
If this sounds like you, contact us. We're keen to speak to you if fit the above AND have:
- At least four years’ marketing and social media management experience in a communications and marketing team
- A sound understanding of marketing approaches and practical experience in delivering successful campaigns
- Experience with social media management tools, Google Analytics, SEO and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to be part of a close knit, high performing team that achieves outstanding results within limited resources and to tight deadlines
- A passion for the greater Wellington region and our superb culture of hospitality.
- Experience in a commercial business environment would be preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be highly regarded
- Event management experience would be preferred.
This is a unique role in a not-for-profit that values diversity in thinking, people, and approaches. We are open, supportive, hard-working and committed to playing our part in making Wellington a great place to live.
Applications are due no later than 9.00am on Monday 06 July 2020. Download the full job description here. Please email your cover letter and application to email@example.com