It’s not just one day. It’s not just one location. It’s a region-wide culinary takeover.
Wellington warms up in Winter with 17 days of food related fun as Visa WOAP (pronounced woah-app) takes over. The city truly comes alive with 100+ events, 100+ special set menus and 100+ BURGERS.
The full programme of events and menus will be released 6 June.
Craft your visit by choosing from over 100 foodie events, with everything from free ‘rock-on-up’ street stalls and exhibitions, to dining in a prison and multi-course degustations. Be quick! Tickets sell like hotcakes.
- Visa pre-sale. Visa cardholders are first in, with tickets on sale 19 June, 12pm.
- General sale. On sale 21 June, 12pm.
Try fit in as many meals as you can from the hundreds of participating restaurants, cafes, bars and food trucks and discover why Wellington is called the culinary capital.
- Special festival dishes. Grills and bistros go head to head with cafes and fine dining to offer the best Festival Dish main course, with the option to pair with a Wellington Wine Country drop.
- Burger battle. With over 100 burgers to choose from (and many matched to Garage Project beers), it’s an impossible challenge to get through them all.
- Cocktail contest. Finish off a night out with over 40 restaurants and bars special cocktail and matching tapas offer.
Help us determine the winners! Score any Festival Dish, burger or cocktail you try out of 10 at visawoap.com from 11 Aug, and be the judge.